DEBUG INFO: 1
|Create Account | Login | View in Spanish View in English|
FSBO Seller's Agent
When selling your home For Sale By Owner, why have a Seller's Agent?
Let's get to the bottom line. Most For Sale By Owner (FSBO) Sellers are selling their house on their own because they don't want to pay 6% commission. But, they are willing to pay a 3% commission. Generally, the buyer has a real estate agent and the seller agrees to pay the buyer's agent a 3% commission at close of escrow to handle the required paperwork.
Why is working with a Buyer's Agent potentially a bad idea?
A Buyer's Agent has a fiduciary responsibility to the buyer, not the seller. As a licensed real estate agent the Buyer's Agent is required to make sure you understand what you are signing and to give you copies of the documents, among other things. But they are not required to "get you the best deal." They are not obligated to look out for your best interest. Who pays for the inspections? Who pays for repairs? These are important questions.
Even more, the most difficult task of a FSBO property is marketing the property to potential buyers. A Buyer's Agent does not help you at all in this regard. In fact, you do all of the "heavy lifting" and the Buyer's Agent shows up to collect 3%.
However, if you have a Seller's Agent who can help you market the property directly to buyers you have a better chance of reaching more buyers, and you have someone who is looking out for your best interest.
Eric McCormick's "Home Seller Services" Program
For a 3% commission I will:
1. Provide a market analysis of your home and comparables of previously sold homes; and help you determine the right selling price.
2. Provide a For Sale by Owner sign and directional signs.
3. Take professional photos.
4. Provide flyers for drive-by customers as well as a mobile-friendly website for information on their phone.
5. Provide a web page and website hosting to promote your property online.
6. Market your home online to potential buyers (Please call for details. I used to list these services but I have found that other agents were "borrowing" my strategy. I have 20 years marketing experience and I'm the Digital & SEO Marketing Consultant for London Properties, the valley's #1 Real Estate Company).
7. Handle incoming phone calls and requests to show the home.
8. Present all offers from Buyers.
9. HANDLE ALL REQUIRED PAPERWORK FOR ESCROW for both seller and buyer.
In a Seller's Market this is a Win-Win Program. Call me today to learn more 559-304-4637 or Click Here to email me.
Your sign-in has been received.